The World’s Leading Cancer Navigation Service – Because your life depends on it
Helping patients SAFELY Navigate the Complex Cancer Maze
Be sure to watch the animation for a better understanding our our cancer navigation services.
GERMANY: After 29-yrs referring patients (when & if appropriate) to Germany and 3yrs leading medical tours to a German Private Oncology Clinic, (we stayed in the clinic & supervised treatments) we have ceased our German clinic referrals. We still refer UK patients to selected German Oncologists in some of the big German hospitals but not to the clinic.
Patient survival outcomes achieved in Australasia far surpasses those we achieved in Germany. We have developed an alliance comprising some of the leading oncology practitioners and researchers – enabling more advanced treatment options for our patients.
Please contact us before making this huge decision for the following reasons…
- We have found helping patients SAFELY Navigate the Cancer Maze in closer to home yields better survival/longevity outcomes
- We have priority access for patients to innovative local treatments in Australia and neigboring Asia. Most of these treatments were unknown to the patient’s doctor/hospital or restricted due to protocols.
- DIAGNOSTICS: We help patients access cutting edge genomics tests (the best we have found) to give a very accurate diagnosis and to target treatment accurately. Tests of this calibre explain so much about why some patients excel and others fare poorly.
Problems with Overseas Treatments:
Many patients are enticed by promise of a cure; especially if they believe they have exhausted all local treatment options. The Clinics currently attracting most patients are located in Germany, China & Mexico.
- Having led medi-tours to Germany for 3-yrs, over time, we found significant discrepancies between what the clinics promise and what they deliver – we were very disappointed with patient survival rates.
- In such cases it is nearly impossible for patients (let alone doctors) to get accurate statistics about treatments outcomes so you can’t really know what is going on.
- Few of these types of clinics have reliable follow up methodology. Few are government regulated. Record keeping is poor.
- Many patients ‘burned their bridges’ back home and are compelled to keep going back to Germany until the cost becomes prohibitive.
For our appraisal of the manual ‘German Cancer Breakthroughs’ (scroll down)
Have you exhausted local treatment options?
We have many patients alive today because we referred them to another oncologist or another Australian or quality Asian Hospital who could offer them a better chance.
So when you are told there is nothing more we can do – please check with us to see if that is true. There may be more that can be done within your own country (where your medical insurance can assist).
If you are considering treatments overseas – you would do well to read this page.” I have a 40 + year history working closely with cancer patients and a 29 year history of referring cancer patients to overseas clinics.
My own life was saved thrice due to having colon surgery overseas. (Holland 2003, Singapore 2009, 2014) With extensive experience in cancer supportive care medicine and having co-founded Australia’s first cancer support groups, it was challenging for me to find an overseas hospital that could accommodate my medical needs back in 2002-03.
Navigating one’s way through the maze of overseas options now available for cancer patients is fraught with challenges and potential health issues not obvious at the outset.
SELF-REFERRALS: From our experience, many self referred cancer patients travel with incomplete medical records and no one to case manage or advocate on their behalf. In particular – they often do not return to their oncologist when they arrive back in their home country and they tend to maintain a poor level of monitoring and follow up. With little real knowledge of treatments and the nature of cancer itself – patients often don’t know the questions to ask or how to validate the treatments they are offered. There is a lot to know before embarking on an overseas trip for cancer treatment.
Which information can you trust?
Many simply choose the cheaper option without really knowing what they are getting for their spend.
Many Clinics treating cancer in Germany & Mexico are alternative medicine based – but there are a few who wisely combine conventional medicine with complementary & psychological approaches & these present a better option. Once again, there is a lot to know before you embark upon such a journey & who do you trust?
Misleading Manuals: Recently a patient sent us a popular guide book about German Cancer Breakthroughs. We had worked with many of the clinics in the manual and it was immediately clear to us the author clearly knew very little about their treatment outcomes other than what he was told. His statements were wildly optimistic at best with many innacuracies and glaring omissions. You cannot rely on clinic data and we found you could not assess patient outcomes unless you worked closely (referred patients) there for some years.
As one patient said: “We didn’t know what we didn’t know when we tried to assess & research cancer treatments in Germany on our own.”
Contact Grace for personalised assistance with an international referral. We currently refer to (and help you navigate) hospitals throughout Australia, the USA, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Germany, the UK and more.